Monday, December 21, 2009

Mount Sunflower (Kansas Highpoint)

If the Nebraska highpoint was remote, Mount Sunflower was even more so....

We lingered at this one a little longer.  Sy even took the time to draw a portrait of the highpoint marker and he also decided we should start checking off highpoints in my book (I think I have him hooked!).
 

While driving the last few miles to this highpoint, I found myself wondering just who lives more than 15 miles away from a paved road and miles and miles away from their closest neighbors?  I am sure they are great people but I was struck by the fact that I don't know anyone like that and am pretty sure the people I know also don't know anyone like that....  definitely isolated but also definitely beautiful in its own way.

1 comment:

Anne said...

aw...mr. hikey-pants and his minnie-me. so cute.