Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hiking Y Mountain

So ... hiking the Y with the family gave me an appetite to climb further so today I took on Y Mountain.


This was a challenging hike (~3500ft) that continued up Slide Canyon above the Y, through Bear Flats meadow and up the backside of Y Mountain. I was surprised by how poorly marked the trail was considering the number of people that live immediately adjacent to these mountains but it was still a very nice hike. I even ran into a nice guy from our Stake who hikes the Y everyday and offered to accompany all the way up the mountain. I appreciated his companionship especially considering the condition of the trail.

Today's hike made me even more hungry to get up in the mountains east of Provo. I will be back up there again soon.

1 comment:

Connie Cockrell said...

Hey guy!
I didn't get your email of the 26th till the 28th cause I was out on a family camp-o-rama. Turns out we'll be really close on Aug 5th, I'm hitting Webster Cliffs that morning, about 9:30am. You'll probably be long past by then but it's cool to know we're hiking at the same time again.

Great blog. I'm envious of the Grand Canyon hiking.
Danger Mouse